Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Month Selection from Week snapshot

Hi Experts ,

i have attached the qvw with dates loaded.. With the attached data i need to see the below month view (in list box) and when i select Jan in that.. latest week of Jan (i.e., 1/28/2017) should get selected.. likewise For Feb (2/25/2017),Mar(3/25/2017) and so on..

Month1.PNG

Highly appreciate on this help!!

Thanks!!

27 Replies
sunny_talwar

You needed to change from TimeStamp to Date

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT Aggr('"' & Date(Max(Date), 'MM/DD/YYYY') & '"', Month), '|') & ')'

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

TY so so so much Sunny!! To be frank , not able to get the action what you had mentioned for the Month.. May be i will go thru again to understand..

And i see a different behavior.. After selecting different months.. i have to click on "Clear All" twice to clear all completely.. Any work around for this ?

sunny_talwar

Try this

=If(GetSelectedCount(Month) > 0, '(' & Concat(DISTINCT Aggr('"' & Date(Max(Date), 'MM/DD/YYYY') & '"', Month), '|') & ')')

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Genius !! Love to learn from you how you think and come up with the solution.. Any tips for us on this ??

sunny_talwar

I don't have a holy grail to learn this... I guess you will learn this with experience. I have been helping on the community for 2 years now and that has helped me learn different ways to do this....

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny - One more minor flaw in this.. Which is actually NOT working as qlikview works..

In the "Month" list box... initially, i had clicked one of the month (Eg., I had selected Jan).. Later when i try to hold the ctrl key and select other months (Feb or Mar) i dont see it is getting selected..At the first click itself if we hold on Ctrl and select, it is working.. Else it is not working... Any idea to fix this?

sunny_talwar

There will be a point where you will have to draw a line with your requirement. I am not sure if this is possible like this... as an alternative, you can play around with island table for Month field and see if that can help you. But I am not sure you can program it to do what you ask just because of the way we have created the trigger today. Personally, I don't like triggers, but I understand they are sometime needed. Having said that, there are some limitations of using triggers and there is not much we can do about it.

Feel free to create a new thread so that someone else can offer there help on this issue.

Best,

Sunny

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Anyways Thanks for all ur Help!! Appreciate it!