Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help matching multiple fields over an interval of time

Hello,

I have several support staff on my team and I'm trying to match their casework to our sales data to get an idea of the impact that they have on our overall sales.  I've been able to muddle through a lot of problems in qlikview, but I'm not sure how to approach this.

From the Casework Table [Fact]  I receive a list of up to 10 parts that were worked on a case. Each row contains the date the case was opened, the date the case was closed, the total case age, Case# , and the parts that were referenced in the case. There are up to 10 parts on a case and each one is loaded into qlikview in it's own column: Part1, Part2, Part3, etc.

In another table I have my Sales Data [Sales] with invoice date and part detail. Each row contains the Invoice date,  part#, and Sales dollars.

I'd like match the parts from the Casework Table [Fact]  to the Sales Data Table [Sales] if the part invoiced within two weeks of the case closing.

Will I need to match each part 1-10 to the sales data as separate expressions, or would I be better handling this another way? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

DJ

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brilliant, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

I did not know that I could relate the Subfield and it would automatically iterate the matching rows on SKUNumber. I was making it much more complex than it needed to be.

I'll go with V2 to make sure I don't create too many additional rows as my data set is quite large.

sunny_talwar

I agree .. Check this link

The Secret Life of SubField

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

I would have gone with v2 as well... but I wasn't sure if changing data model would make sense or not...