Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcaahmad93
Contributor
Contributor

Need to merge the date between two tables without any link into the data model.

Hi Team,

I need one help from your side. I have two tables, table 'A' and table 'B' if we load the data into data model, there should not be any link between both tables A and B. In the front end, we need  a year and month column based on year and month column both table data should be changed.

Note: I am using the below expression to combine both the data tables, but year and month is coming double time. If you have any better suggestion, please advise me. 

=Date([Sales date]) &' - '& date([Profit Date])

Regards,

Irshad Ansari

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, You are clubbing 2 fields. It will give always that only. Blindly do this to get result?

Month:=SubField(Month(date([Sales date])) &' - '& Month(Date([Profit Date])), '-' ,-1)

Year:=SubField(Year(date([Sales date])) &' - '& year(Date([Profit Date])), '-' ,-1)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Date(Floor([Sales date] &' - '& [Profit Date]))

Or

Date(Date#(Floor([Sales date] &' - '& [Profit Date]), 'Your Format Here'))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mcaahmad93
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Anil,

Thank you for you valuable time.

I tried your expression but it not working for me. 

I am using the below expression for month and year.

Month:=Month(date([Sales date])) &' - '& Month(Date([Profit Date]))

Year:=Year(date([Sales date])) &' - '& year(Date([Profit Date]))

And getting the Expected result like this.

clipboard_image_1.png

But i need actual result like this format for month and year which i am not getting.

clipboard_image_2.png

Thanks

Irshad Ansari

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, You are clubbing 2 fields. It will give always that only. Blindly do this to get result?

Month:=SubField(Month(date([Sales date])) &' - '& Month(Date([Profit Date])), '-' ,-1)

Year:=SubField(Year(date([Sales date])) &' - '& year(Date([Profit Date])), '-' ,-1)

mcaahmad93
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Anil,

Based on your expression i am getting the output but data reflecting only one table. It should be reflect both table profit details and sales details.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,

Irshad Ansari

Vignesh1609
Contributor II
Contributor II

Do you have any idea in Forecast report?