Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roeldh
Contributor
Contributor

QIX performance log NetRam and PeakRam

Hey everyone,

I was trying to use the QIX performance log to see if I could get the exact ram usage at any given time.

I was going to use this to anaylese the ram usage of some dashboards.

But I found that the NetRam went negative and started questioning what the definition of the NetRam really was within QlikView.

I also thought the PeakRam would be the total used Ram by the system at a given time but since there multiple values at 1 given timestamp with highly changing values this doesn't seem to be true either.

So can someone pls give me the correct definitions of the PeakRam and NetRam that QlikView use?

When is the NetRam and PeakRam messured at the start of a thread during or end of it?

Thank You, for taking time to look at this.

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, like to help definitions: https://help.qlik.com/es-ES/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Serve...

It doesn't explains the negative NetRam
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
This was reported in Qlik Sense, and it's currently being investigated as a bug there: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000072892

The Engine component is common between the two products, so we can expect the investigation to be beneficial for QlikView as well.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
roeldh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Oke thank you this does explain the net RAM going negative.

But a part of my question does still remain. That would be what is the PeakRAM within Qlik?

As far as I remeber the PeakRAM is the total RAM beeing used by the full system but having multiple values at 1 time would make that impossible.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I ran some tests myself just to see as I have not messed with this feature since the presentation I did on the new settings a number of months back, but from what I can see, the Peak RAM is the maximum RAM used to handle that specific request, so each line of the log will have a different value except for instance the custom protocol requests seem to be pretty much the same value every request, which does make sense.  Hopefully this helps a bit more, but the key is the Method column, that is what things are really tied to here, so hopefully this does make a bit more sense, so the Peak RAM will be the peak memory used to process that Method call I believe.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.