cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 client with different display

Hi Everybody,

When one of my colleague open our reports with Qlikv11, all buttons and presentations appears differently with some large space between. She has the same screen resolution as me and other colleagues (1680*1050).

Does someone has an idea why this happens ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alejandrow
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

You need to check the screen resolution in the windows control panel. I had a similar problem as well, and the settings of the PC i was working on, had a 125% on the "Change the size of text,apps and other items".

Set it to 100% if it is higher, and try opening the file again

Change Screen Resolution Settings in Windows 10

Regards

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe you are using the IE-plugin client and your colleague is using the AJAX client?

Or maybe you are running a different browser than your colleague?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No it's with the same Qlik v11 windows client...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ok, another difference could be that your document uses Windows/Internet fonts that are installed on one client platform but not on another.

Two screenshots, one from each platform, would help in determining where the differences originate.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've added the 2 different displays.

alejandrow
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

You need to check the screen resolution in the windows control panel. I had a similar problem as well, and the settings of the PC i was working on, had a 125% on the "Change the size of text,apps and other items".

Set it to 100% if it is higher, and try opening the file again

Change Screen Resolution Settings in Windows 10

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alejandro. Thanks for your reply. This problem last since many months...

I want to see the colleague who had this problem and she suddenly no more have it..

So I can't verify if it comes from that..

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you can. Just to be sure that this is the real cause. You won't destroy anything.

In Windows 10, the default desktop zoom level is 125% which throws QV layouts that have not been designed for this zoom level in disarray. It even changes all object sizes and coordinates. You can simulate the problem Alejandro was talking about on your own machine by simply changing the zoom level to "the other setting" (100% or 125%), opening a QlikView document in QV Desktop and checking the layout. This change can be undone without any problems.

BTW I can even get the same effect on a Windows 7 desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter, yes you're right.

I made the test and it's exactly that problem that she had.

Don't know how it resolved, she just rebooted once this week-end.