Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Memory Consumption

Hi all,

I had an issue yesterday with our Qlikview server. The server runs both QVS and QVD services.

Server itself - 2008 R2 Enterprise, 256GB memory, running QV v11.2

Yesterday a colleague attempted to RDP into the server to amend one of our connection files. The connection details had changed over the weekend causing failures of reloads. We could not connect and our Windows support team pointed to high memory usage. In the end we rebooted the server. We were able to RDP straight away.

The only services running on the server, bar Windows are the 5 Qlikview services.

I've checked the QVS performance logs and I can't see anything interesting. Memory usage was about 3GB - nothing special.

As I mentioned earlier, we had a lot of failed reloads, which potentially points at the QV distribution service.

My question is, how can I view performance logs for that service? Is this possible? I don't see them anywhere in the folder QlikTech\DistributionService\1 - no performace metrics in any logs there.

Thanks

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andrew, those metrics aren't logged anywhere by QV itself. Typically, you would just monitor those with regular server performance monitoring tools (Administrative Tools >> Performance Monitor).

Edit: You could also check the QVW reload logs to see if you have any "out of memory" or similar error messages. Those won't tell you anything specific about memory consumption, but could help to confirm what your admins are telling you.

Regards,

Vlad