Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

RGB() in list box

Hi All, suspect this may be impossible though want to give it a try anyway.

Basically I have a listbox with year values in it from 2012 to 2015. I have a theme running across my document where year data is represented by different colors based on the year. I have an inline table in place with RGB codes matching up to the year so that I can set the colors programitcally. I get that it IS possible to change the color of the font in a list box, and that this is achieved by changing the list selection style override to anything other than the default. I have set the color of the text to be dependent on the RGB code, though this is dependent on the SELECTED year value rather than the value present in the table. So if 2012 is selected, all text shows as the color assigned in the inline table to the year value 2012.

What I want, in theory, is this.

2012    2013    2014     2015

Though I am getting this until a year is selected

2012     2013     2014     2015

and when a year, 2012 in this example, is selected I get this

2012     2013     2014     2015

Happy for this to be moved, aware I'm pushing the boundaries of 'new to qlikview' with this question, though I am new to qlik.

all the best,

Dave.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use a straight table instead of a listbox. The color setting in the listbox is not aware of the 'dimension' Year, so you will not be able to set a different color per year in a normal listbox. With a straight table you can and with some tweaking it looks and acts just like a listbox. See attached example.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I don´t know how to do this using standard listbox

You can trick it using a straight table

PFA

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use a straight table instead of a listbox. The color setting in the listbox is not aware of the 'dimension' Year, so you will not be able to set a different color per year in a normal listbox. With a straight table you can and with some tweaking it looks and acts just like a listbox. See attached example.