Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Referencing visual cues in a straight table

Dear community,

I would like to add an expression to a straight table that checks whether the visual cue in another column of the same row is active or not.

Capture.JPG

All values below 80% are green. Can I add a column where QlikViews checks if the visual cue is active or not?

I can not reuse the expression with an if function like

If(fabs(Sum({$<[FS Item]={'1180000'}>}([Period Value GC]))) < 0.8, 'visual cue active')

as I am using "full accumulation" and "relative". The above expression only returns 'visual cue active' when the
actual value is smaller than 0.8 €, regardless of the accumulated percentage.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mats

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried to use the "Text Color" option instead of visual cues

If([DTA  Betrag kumuliert] < 0.8, LightGreen())

but that doesn't seem to work with  "relative" and "full accumulation" either.

Capture.JPG

prieper
Master II
Master II

Think that you cannot query for the status of the "visual cue", but for each expression you may enter further conditions for the background, text-color etc.

Just open the small + for the expression.

Peter

prieper
Master II
Master II

You may also repeat the entire calculation-condition of your formula.

Else please post an example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I should've clarified this in the original post. I've stumbled across the text-color option for expressions.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with "relative" and "full accumulation" (2nd Screenshot). 

I might just create an example then.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is an example.

I'd just like to add a column that says "1" or "active" where the values are green.

Thanks!

prieper
Master II
Master II

Accumulation might be expressed in a formula like

SUM(Expression1) + ABOVE(SUM(Expression1))

and then put your check on top of it,

eg IF(SUM(Expression1) + ABOVE(SUM(Expression1)) / SUM(TOTAL Expression1) > 0.8, LIGHTGREEN())

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've tried multiple versions of the expression you mentioned to build the sum of the column with absolute values.

It would be something like this:

IF(SUM(fabs(Sum({$<[FS Item]={'1180000'}>}([Period Value GC]))))

+ ABOVE(SUM(fabs(Sum({$<[FS Item]={'1180000'}>}([Period Value GC])))))

/ SUM(TOTAL fabs(Sum({$<[FS Item]={'1180000'}>}([Period Value GC]))))

> 0.8, LIGHTGREEN())

There seems to be a problem with the fabs() function though. That's why I was glad to find the inherent relative and full accumulation options. It's a nuisance that those options aren't recognized if you reuse the expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the problem ist the auto full accumulation option, just do it right:

ifRangeSum(Above(TOTAL fabs(Sum({$<[Customer] = {'A'}>}Sales)),0,RowNo()))/Sum( TOTAL{$<[Customer] = {'A'}>}fabs(Sales))>0.8,1)

--> for the total expression you have to put the fabs() inside the sum

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Robin,

thank you for your suggestion! As I've mentioned here Fabs, Sum &amp; Set Expression just pulling the fabs() inside of the Sum function doesn't seem to work, unfortunately.

I used your expression. It doesn't return a value and for some reason the sorting (DTA Betrag descending) is not working anymore when I add the expression to the table.

Capture.JPG

Oh and don't get me wrong, I am sure I am just doing it wrong, I just thought there might be an easy way to address the visual cues as I've been struggling with the total expression for quite a while now.

Thanks again.

Mats