Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Script to rename Nulls as 'Errors'

Hi Guys

I have loaded a few excel sheets into qlikview, some of the columns have no data for particular customers ( after reading other posts etc I know that nulls() are mad complicated!!)

Just wondering is there a simple way to "rename" and blank field in ths script. Basically I wish to build a table where I can search by the Nulls so I know what data fields have gaps

I have tried the following to no avail perhaps someone can heeeellllppp

Thanks

A

if([REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]= '','Error',[REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]) as [REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]

if([REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]= null(),'Error',[REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]) as [REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

Try this

IF(ISNULL([REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]) = -1, 'Error', [REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]) AS [REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]

The function ISNULL(YOUR_FIELD) return -1 when the value of this field is NULL.

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Try this

IF(ISNULL([REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]) = -1, 'Error', [REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]) AS [REPAYMENT FREQUENCY]

The function ISNULL(YOUR_FIELD) return -1 when the value of this field is NULL.

Not applicable

ecorrea

Thanks so much , works perfectly on that field.

Is it possible to put that as a rule on all the sheets , so anywhere on any field there is a null it says Error , I dont fancy having to write it out for all columns

Anne

Not applicable

Hi,

You can define in your script this rule or set this in your objects (Properties/Presentation/Null Symbol or Missing Symbol), but in this case you need to set one by one.

Community Browser