Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access, fiter per sheet

Hello everyone

I want to block some sheets per user, and now I only did the Section Access:

SECTION Access;

LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
ADMIN, ADMIN, password
USER, USER, password
];

SECTION Application;

Someone can help me to filter the acces per user in each sheet?

Thanks!!

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Section access is primarily designed for reducing/slicing data not visual elements. So you can't remove elements from the application based on section access, but you can hide elements. Hidden elements will remain hidden for users in the accespoint, but if they gain access to the qvw there are ways to display hidden elements in the desktop.

Try the SA below and then define a show condition on your Dashboard sheet that the SHEET value 'DASHBOARD' needs to be available in order to display, do the same for your analysis sheet, etc...

SECTION Access;

LOAD ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD,

subfield(SHEETS, '|') as SHEET

INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SHEETS
ADMIN, ADMIN, password, DASHBOARD|ANALYSIS
USER, USER, password, DASHBOARD
];

SECTION Application;

SHEETS:

LOAD * INLINE [

SHEET

DASHBOARD

ANALYSIS

];

LOAD ...the rest of your data model.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One additional link for you that might be helpful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

There are a few extra links at the bottom of that post related to dynamic reduction, which is what you are looking to do potentially, but another way may be to just try using the Conditional Show option in the Sheet Properties and use either the OSUser() or QVUser() depending upon which Section Access you are doing may work too and be a bit more simple for you.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Syste...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.