Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Want to fix value to just data from one year

Hi,

I'm writing a report to show the cost of delivering a service dependant on staff costs. I have loaded data from a timesheet app for 2011, and then decided that number of mins worked / annual salary = cost per minute (there's probably a million reasons why this is flawed but let's just stick to the QlikView stuff).

So I have created a variable called costPerMinute2011 and inserted the following expression into it.

=

num(sum({$<ProNetSummaryYear={2011}>}SalaryWithOnCost)/sum({$<ProNetSummaryYear={2011}>}ProNetSummaryMinutes),0.00)

If I select the name of a specific employee I get back the value I would expect.

But if I want to see data for a specific month, and I change the value of ProNetSummaryMonth to 'August', for example, the value of the variable changes and it's massively over inflating the costs.

I don't really understand what's going on here - can anyone offer some advice?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Set Analysis - Want to fix value to just data from one year

But if I want to see data for a specific month, and I change the value of ProNetSummaryMonth to 'August', for example, the value of the variable changes and it's massively over inflating the costs.

I don't really understand what's going on here - can anyone offer some advice?

Are you selecting the month in a list box or are you changing your variable expression to the Month?

It would be helpful if you could post a small sample app here to the forum demonstrating your issue - at least try to explain how your datamodel looks like, with some sample lines of data and your expected outcome.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Think I sorted it - I modified the expression to look at Year = 2011, Month = {January, February, ..., December}, Day = {1,2,3,...,31} and now it has fixed the value regardless of what else I change on the sheet. Thanks.

Not applicable

Think I sorted it - I modified the expression to look at Year = 2011, Month = {January, February, ..., December}, Day = {1,2,3,...,31} and now it has fixed the value regardless of what else I change on the sheet. Thanks.

Community Browser