Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leale1997
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Select in Field Actions on a Text Object to choose Numeric values

I would like to create an 'Action' on a text object using Select in Field.

I have done this before when the selection criteria is text.  This time the selection criteria is numeric.

I can do it with a List Box.  But i would like to do it by the user clicking on the number of instances the outcome is counted in the sum text object box.  In other words, the user sees that the value of '5' is found 13 times in the data set.  They can then click on the 13 and see only data related to those 13 records.

AImage.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Just doing Search in Field for 5 seems to work... make sure that sheet alternate state is the same as other object's alternate state

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Just doing Search in Field for 5 seems to work... make sure that sheet alternate state is the same as other object's alternate state

leale1997
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Many thanks!  It was the alternate state that was causing the issue i couldn't resolve.  Not even after clutching my forehead and asking the heavens 'why?' for several minutes

sunny_talwar

I was in the same boat for almost 2 hours... ... I was like this always works... what is so unique about your qvw....