cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis..... again

Hello all,

I had some help from this forum for the following set analysis formel:

=sum({$<OffenePostenHistorie.BELDATUM = {'<=$(FDatum)'}>} OffenePostenHistorie.OBETRAG)

Just now I need a set analysis with 2 conditions. I have changed the above statement to the following:

=sum({$<OffenePostenHistorie.FLKTG ={'>$(F60)'> , $<OffenePostenHistorie.FLKTG ={'<=$(F90)' >}} OffenePostenHistorie.OBETRAG)

But it doesn't work. The function of the statement should check the variable "OffenePostenHistorie.FLKTG" is greater than the value in the

variable "F60" and less or equal than the value in the variable "F90". Both of them (F60 and F90) are defined in the document with his value.

Please, can everybody check the statement and give me a hint?

Thank you in advandce, Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this.

sum({$<OffenePostenHistorie.FLKTG ={'>$(F60)<=$(F90)'} >} OffenePostenHistorie.OBETRAG)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this.

sum({$<OffenePostenHistorie.FLKTG ={'>$(F60)<=$(F90)'} >} OffenePostenHistorie.OBETRAG)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

U May try this expression :

=sum({$<OffenePostenHistorie.FLKTG ={'>$(F60)<=$(F90)' >}} OffenePostenHistorie.OBETRAG)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Haubold2010,

I have had major problems with sets !! When I posted a Query I got a very helpful response from Miguel Angel Baeyens, I've pasted it in below for you ( Dont really know how to add links on this forum!!)

Hope its as helpful to you

K rgds

A

Anyway, I'd like to note the meaning of quoting in set analysis, it's important since, as in every other condition, speed matters, and the faster the set is build the faster your chart will render.

No quotes are used when the values you want to use in your set modifiers are numeric, for example, the year

Sum({< Year = {2010, 2011} >} Sales)

Single quotes are used with literals (strings), for example, a list of fixed values

Sum({< Country = {'ES', 'FR', 'UK'} >} Sales)

Double quotes are used to search for the values that match certain pattern

Sum({< Customer = {"AA*"} >} Sales)

Double quotes are used to enclose single quotes as well, and to get sets depending on functions, for example, customers with Sales above 1000

Sum({< Customer = {"=Sum(Sales) > 1000"} >} Sales)

So applied to the above, with fixed values, the expression should look like (although the one posted will work)

Count({< Activity -= {'Funding Sheet'}, AM = {'Anne'} >} Opics)

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hello Yogesh and Kaushik,

thank you very much. The set analysis works perfect!!!

best regards, Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

thank you for your useful posting. I print it for me and I hope I can build the next set analysis function for my own.

Best regards, Michael