cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniels92
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set analysis excluding current section problem

Hi everyone! I have a problem with set analysis. I would like to visualize top 10 Subcategory products and I would like this chart to be indipendent of current selection. This is my expression: 

Sum({1<SubCategoryName={"=Rank(sum(LineTotal),4)<=10"}>}LineTotal)

But if I select a country, the chart changes (see images attached)! So I tried this:

Sum({1<SubCategoryName={"1(=Rank(sum(LineTotal),4)<=10)"}>}LineTotal). But when I write this, chart doesn't visualize data anymore. 

According to you, where is the error?

Thank you all for help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

maybe this:

Sum( { 1< SubCategoryName = {"=Rank(sum( {1} LineTotal),4)<=10"} >} LineTotal )

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nisha_rai
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

if you want to neglect the one/two fields then use the below expression

Sum({1<SubCategoryName={"=Rank(sum(LineTotal),4)<=10"},Field1=,Field2=>}LineTotal)

Daniels92
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thak you for your reply. Actually I would like the chart to be indipendent from any curret selection, not for one/two fields. If I select customers or a date, for example, I would like the chart not to change but to remain the same. How i could do this? I tried writing the set identifier "1" in set analyses but it seems not to work at the rank function level  if I select countries.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

maybe this:

Sum( { 1< SubCategoryName = {"=Rank(sum( {1} LineTotal),4)<=10"} >} LineTotal )

I hope it helps.

Daniels92
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Great, It works! Thank you so much! So I was wrong positioning the set identifier. Should I always put it in an aggregation function? Is this the reason why my expression doesn't work?