Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show only today and older on X-axis of Line chart (exclude future dates)?

Hi,

I have a chart where I am tracking sales by [DateBusinessDay]. However, it is currently showing every day, including future days, for the month but I wish to show only today and previous days for the month. The future dates with no sales yet just makes the chart "too busy" and does not really add any value seeing those future dates blank.

Is there a condition or something I can put in place to show only dates of today and older for my chart?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I am not sure, I have not tried, but may be you can use the expression like in the image below in Axes tab of chart properties. Dimension axis, check continuous and set date field static min and static max.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I am not sure, I have not tried, but may be you can use the expression like in the image below in Axes tab of chart properties. Dimension axis, check continuous and set date field static min and static max.

Capture.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The conditional enablement of the dimension is evaluated once per chart, I believe this is not what you want.

You can create a calculated dimension, like

=If( DateBusinessDay <= Today(), DateBusinessday)

[and enable 'Suppress When Value is NULL' on dimension tab]

or use set analysis in all your expression's aggregation functions to filter your dimension.

Not applicable
Author

thank you, this seems to be working