cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jojo17
Contributor
Contributor

Slider for Average Rating

There are multiple movies that has been rated between 1-5 by users in a survey. One movie can have more than one rating. 

I would like to include a slider. The purpose of the slider is for user to select a range or a specific number (multi values) and to display movies with an average rating of selection.

However, the slider that I have added into my dashboard only allows selection for 1,2,3,4,5 and NOT numbers showing the average, like 3.4, 4.2 etc. 

How should I configure my slider to show values that includes the average values or is there a property of the slider I should adjust? 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be create variable for that field. And use the same for slider using the Variable section.

Then, Min Value = Min({1} Field)

Max Value = Max({1} Field)

Static Step = 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Any one of them)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

sathishbabu_s_g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jodi,

you can have two variable such as vRatingMax and vRatingMin and they can be used on Slider with Min value of 0 and 5.

The slider will store the continuous value of min and max rating and we can use it on the calculation. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be create variable for that field. And use the same for slider using the Variable section.

Then, Min Value = Min({1} Field)

Max Value = Max({1} Field)

Static Step = 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Any one of them)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sathishbabu_s_g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jodi,

you can have two variable such as vRatingMax and vRatingMin and they can be used on Slider with Min value of 0 and 5.

The slider will store the continuous value of min and max rating and we can use it on the calculation.