Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight Table Custom Style

Hi,

Is it possible to create customized styles for a straight table?

By means of what?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, No and sort of....

To start with yes, if you create an extension then you can design the table any way you want however this requires you to build an extension object.

No you are limited to the styles that exist under the "Style" tab. Now you can play around with the transparency and borders and such but I guess this is not what you are looking for.

Sort of, you can customize the cells by right clicking the table and choose custom format cell.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, No and sort of....

To start with yes, if you create an extension then you can design the table any way you want however this requires you to build an extension object.

No you are limited to the styles that exist under the "Style" tab. Now you can play around with the transparency and borders and such but I guess this is not what you are looking for.

Sort of, you can customize the cells by right clicking the table and choose custom format cell.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If I right click on the table I don't see the option Custom Format Cell.

How can I find it?

Larisa

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Custom Format Cell is available when you first turn on "Design Grid" (found under the View menu).

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry Onno But Custom Format Cell is available if you turn on "Always Show Design Menue Items"

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Under Settings -> User Preferences

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Correction (well... sort of) ... we are both correct .

Okay... I should not have used "only", so I removed that from my reply.

From QlikView Help:

This dialog lets you apply custom formats to one or more groups of table cells. It can be invoked from the object menus of a table box, a straight table or a pivot table, provided that the Design Grid command of View Menu is activated or the Always Show Design Menu Items checkbox is marked.

May you live in interesting times!