Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clovati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Value of a field

Hi all!

I Have this dimension table

data1                   dataomologa   

01/05/2016          03/05/2015

02/05/2016          04/05/2015

In a Variable vDATA1 I store data1 (by calendar).

How can I obtain:

1) dataomologa    to store in a visible textbox in UI

2) the corresponding dataomologa    to use in set analysis?

For 1) I used ONLY like this:

=Only({1 <Data={'=$(vDATA1)'}> } dataomologa)

but cannot obtain results.

THKS to all!!!

14 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you trying to store in vDATA? What you are doing with set expression?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is the expression you used to store in your vDATA variable? What values it is displaying? What is your expected output based on the data provided?

clovati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank to you.

I mean in vDATA1 (by object calendar/slide) I store for example 01/05/2016

by set analysis I obtain revenue on this day : =Sum({$ <data1 = {"=$(vDATA1)"}> } Revenue).

Then automaticaly I want to see in a text (just for explication to user) the corresponding 03/05/2015 and give to the user the revenue in that day in the past by set analysis.

thanks a lot for help

Anil_Babu_Samineni

How about this?

=Sum({$ <data1 = {'$(vDATA1)'}> } Revenue)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
clovati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you... this is not a problem. My problem is obtaining 03/05/2015 in a text and after its revenue

This is not true:

=Only({$ <data1 = {'$(vDATA1)'}> } DataOmologa)

clovati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

=Only({$ <data1 = {'$(vDATA1)'}> } dataomologa)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where you are trying this expression, For me it's working. May be field name mis places. qlik is case sensitive

=Only({$ <data1 = {'$(Variable2)'}> } dataomologa)

Capture.PNG

clovati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you ... but for me Variable2 is a number

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Change that into Date format. Date() will help you to change from number to date. If not, I would ask you to share application