Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik and Talend Support Cases are now opened in the same place.

Assigned Users under the Assigned CALs tab in the QlikView Management Console is empty

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Assigned Users under the Assigned CALs tab in the QlikView Management Console is empty

Last Update:

Mar 4, 2022 10:33:09 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Feb 3, 2016 8:24:40 AM

QlikView Administrators cannot see the list of Assigned Users under the Assigned CALs tab in the QlikView Management Console although they can see licenses are assigned under the General tab.

Named User CALs assignments.png

Assigned CALs empty.png

It is important to note that the QlikView users are not experiencing any issues accessing applications. This only affects the QlikView Administrator who wants to see details of which users have had CALs assigned to them.

Environment:

QlikView 

The QlikView Management Service is calling the QlikView Service for the Assigned CALs information. If there are a large number of Assigned CALs, the information is not received by the QMS in time and the information is not presented on the screen. By increasing the MaxReceivedMessageSize we are allowing the QMC more time to receive the information from the QMS.

This will affect customers with a large number of Assigned CALs.

Resolution:

1. Log onto the QlikView Management Server
  2. Open a Windows Explorer Window and browse to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service
  3. Open the file QVManagementService.exe.config
  4. Change <add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="262144"/> to <add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="2621440"/>
  5. Restart the QlikView Management Service
Labels (1)
Comments
kinchungfung
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind, I have the similar problem. I have 1750 CALs assigned and the QMC will fail to add once I assigned to more than 1758~ CALs.
it will prompt an error says that: 1hostname:4780 says DSC did not respond to request. Last exception (for http://2hostname:4730/DSC/Service😞 the maximum message size quota for incoming message 262144 has been exceed.)

I have tried to increase both DSC and QMC maxreceivemessagesize in exe.config to 26214400 or even 52428800 and restarted, but the error still un-resolved and still showing 262144.

I have created cases to QlikSupport but seems not able to find any root cause. Please kindly help.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-03-04 10:33 AM
Updated by: