Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW

How to download and use the Qlik Data Gateway Monitoring and Logging Tool

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frank_S
Support
Support

How to download and use the Qlik Data Gateway Monitoring and Logging Tool

Last Update:

Mar 6, 2024 10:31:13 AM

Updated By:

Andrea_Bertazzo

Created date:

Oct 30, 2023 5:02:06 PM

Deploying the Qlik Data Gateway Monitoring Tool

The Data Gateway Monitoring tool provides an additional layer of logging that Qlik's R&D team can use to troubleshoot Data Gateway issues for a Data Gateway that was successfully installed and running previously. 

This troubleshooting tool is not necessary for the day-by-day operation of the Data Gateway Direct Access deployment and can be disabled after troubleshooting has been completed.

1. Download the Qlik.ConnectorAgent.Monitor.Installer-x.x.x.exe installer available at https://files.qlik.com/url/data_gateway_monitor

2. Install the Qlik Data Gateway Monitoring tool where you have the Qlik Data Gateway Direct Access deployed.

The installation requirements are the same as for Qlik Data Gateway Direct Access. See Best practices

A Windows Server service will be installed that can be set to manual when troubleshooting is completed.

3. Reproduce the issue and monitor logging will automatically collect/log data.

4. Zip and upload the logs from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Gateway\Monitor\Logs to the Qlik Support case.

If the zip is too large for the support site, ask your Qlik support engineer to provide you with the dedicated upload space for your specific case.

More details about this tool can be found here.

General Health Check and Monitoring of Qlik Data Gateway

1. To check overall Data Gateway health, access the following URL in a supported browser: http://localhost:5050/health

A simple 'OK' will appear if Gateway is connected to the cloud instance and running normally.

Frank_S_1-1698765402597.png
  2. To check Data Gateway connections status, access the following URL in a supported browser: http://localhost:5050/status

Scroll to the bottom of the status page. Healthy Data Gateway status will be indicated by a Pass result.

Frank_S_0-1698765217495.png

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Labels (1)
Comments
Skage
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I've tried to install this to be able to troubleshoot why Data Gateway doesn't connect to the internal database.

A data-link-test works just fine towards MSSql so I know for sure that this machine can contact the db with the username&pw.

The cloud console will show if the local service is started or not so there is definitely a live connection from the inside to the QlikCloud so half of the functionality seems to work...

The monitor service is running and the last entry in the log show:

2023-12-13 15:43:54.576+00:00 [ 7] [ERR] (Qlik.ConnectorAgent.Monitor.StatusMonitor.StatusMonitorWorker) Agent refused connection. Check AGENT_PORT settings.

If I run tnc in powershell there is nothing answering on 5050, ipv4 or ipv6, but both the monitoring and gateway services are running.

So the gateway doesn't work and the tool to test it doesn't work either...

What should I do and what should I recommend the customer to do?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Skage 

I recommend posting about the issue in our forums, rather than on this article directly, as that will expose the question to the larger community. However, I am uncertain if you are talking about the Data Gateway not functioning or this tool. I assume the Data Gateway? Depending on which one, the Data Connectivity or Deployment and Management forum may be a good place to start.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2024-03-06 10:31 AM
Updated by: