Qlik Sense Audit logging allows tracking of additional information, such as user actions in the Qlik Sense Management Console.
Audit logging can be enabled individually on services and audit logs are stored in the \Audit log subfolder.
Example: AuditActivity_Repository.txt log, located by default in %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Audit
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows
To enable (by service):
- Open the Qlik Sense Management Console
- Navigate to the Service
- Open the node to configure
- Select Logging from the Properties menu on the right-hand side
- Choose your desired Audit logging level
Additional logging levels
In addition to default audit logging, you can increase the Engine logging level to include user selection capture.
- Stop the Qlik Sense Engine service
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\
- Open the settings.ini file
- Edit the file to add:
You need an empty row after a setting in settings.ini for it to take effect. i. e. press enters after the last line. The parameter MaxCurSelEntries is optional but can be used to increase the number of actually selected entries to be captured in the log. The default value is 6.
- Restart the Engine service and Service Dispatcher.
- Make selections on an application in the hub.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Engine\Trace and look for a ServerName_Audit_Engine.txt.
Qlik Sense: Working with audit logs to check user activity on sheet/app level
How to audit who deleted apps in the Qlik Sense Management Console