Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.

How to send an Excel report as an attachment using Qlik Application Automation

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

How to send an Excel report as an attachment using Qlik Application Automation

Last Update:

Feb 15, 2023 4:50:14 AM

Updated By:

Qlik-Lorena

Created date:

Feb 15, 2023 11:20:33 PM

Attachments

Environment

• Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS
  • Qlik Application Automation

This article describes how an Excel file can be sent as an attachment by using the Send Mail block in Qlik Application Automation.

Automation Structure

The creation of an Excel report from a Qlik Sense straight table is explained in the first part of this article.

Let's walk through the blocks used in the automation workflow to send the Excel file as an attachment using the "Send Mail" block.

1. Open the Excel file saved in Microsoft SharePoint using the "Open File on Microsoft SharePoint" block.

open-file-on-microsoft-sharepoint.png
  2. Use the "Send Mail" block from Mail Connector to send the Excel file as an attachment via email.

send-mail-excel-report.png

A JSON file containing the above automation is attached to this article.

Please follow the steps provided in the How to import automation from a JSON file article to import the automation.

Related Content 

Comments
TTI-Richard
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,
I'm attaching a file which is under 3 sub folders and I noticed that the filename on the Email attachment includes the folder paths. Is there a way to remove folder paths from the Attachment File?

TTIRichard_0-1687395279317.png

Thanks!

PetyaAtanasova
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I'm also looking into the same thing. My file is also located under a couple of folders and the attached file name consists of the full path. If someone has an update, please let us know.

If I try to use the Drive ID leading to the child folder and only put the file name in the Path section, the path section still is looking into finding full path and trowing an error. 

Thank you in advance.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @PetyaAtanasova and @TTI-Richard Let me look into this for you; though it may be necessary to post about your requirements in our Qlik Application Automation forum. Will update you!

All the best,
Sonja 

poojask123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @TTI-Richard @PetyaAtanasova 

Were you able to solve the issue on getting the folder and subfolders in the mail attachment ? If so, please guide me with the steps. I am stuck with the same issue now. 

Thanks!

PetyaAtanasova
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @poojask123, I found a workaround. What I did is I removed the nested folders and started storing my generated reports in the first possible location on my SP Site. That way the file name appeared cleaner for the recipients. 

Later you can implement another automation that will move your files to appropriate location, somewhere in your folder structure.  

I hope this helps. Good Luck! 

poojask123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you @PetyaAtanasova 
Tried what you suggested and I am now getting the desired output.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2023-02-15 04:50 AM
Updated by: