Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik Sense - Bookmarks are deleted from application when preforming an import / publish & replaced

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Qlik Sense - Bookmarks are deleted from application when preforming an import / publish & replaced

Last Update:

Jun 4, 2021 1:31:59 PM

Updated By:

Mike_Dickson

Created date:

Jun 4, 2021 1:31:59 PM

When performing a import/replace or publish/replace of an application, there are a couple different scenarios where bookmarks could be deleted from the applications.

This article will help explain when and who's bookmarks are affected within the applications as you are not able to see within the QMC  section of App Objects any of the bookmarks.

Environment

• Qlik Sense - All Versions

Scenario #1: Non-Published application

All bookmarks within an Non-published application are within the section "My bookmarks"

Bookmarks that are created within a Non-published application are considered app objects just like a "New Sheet" If you create a new bookmark, this will become part of the base application and when published will be available for all users to see & use.

If you do an import / replace over this non-published application using another application that does not have any bookmarks, then you can expect to have ALL bookmarks deleted from the application.

The only bookmarks that will be present are the ones within the application that was used during the import.

All bookmarks within an Non-published application are within the section "My bookmarks"

Scenario #2: Published application

Bookmarks within a Published application can be in 4 different sections. "Public bookmarks", "Community bookmarks", "Bookmarks Published by me", and "My bookmarks"

Public Bookmarks = Any bookmark that created before the application was published to the stream

Community bookmarks = Any bookmark created by a user and then published for ALL users to access

Bookmarks published by me = Any bookmark that you have created and published for ALL users to access

My bookmarks = Any bookmark that you have created and only you are able to access

If you do an import/replace or publish/replace within the QMC, using another application that does not have any bookmarks, then you can expect to have ALL bookmarks from the section "Public Bookmarks" deleted from the application.

Any user created bookmark within a published application should not be affected.

bookmark.png

Labels (1)
Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-06-04 01:31 PM
Updated by: