Search or browse our knowledge base to find answers to your questions ranging from account questions to troubleshooting error messages. The content is curated and updated by our global Support team
Historically, in order to load users member from multiple Active Directory Domains was not possible with a single User Directory Connector. It was required to create one User Directory Connector per domain making the Active Directory administration more complex for the IT Team.
Starting from Qlik Sense September 2020, it is now possible to achieve this with Advanced LDAP.
Starting on Qlik Sense February 2021, multiple domain names are synchronized instead of allowing for duplicate users with the real domain name to populate when they login. (Look for QB-2187)
It is now time to run the synchronization and check that your users are imported.
The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution above may not be provided by Qlik Support.
thank you very much for this great article.
I'm trying to use this advanced Ldap connector in my customer environement, and i always get the same error in the log file :
This is dependent on the source.
On the Qlik end you can set advanced UDC settings, see Advanced UDC Settings for details.
thanks for your answer. Yes, we tried, among other things, to change Page size (2000, or 4000 ...)
We are connecting to an active directory global catalog, and the experts with me do not understand either this limit size error message 😞
Let me see if I can get an SME to give this a look, This is what we have on that issue for you: How to configire Maxpagesize in LDAP server to avoid a "The size limit was exceeded" or a "QVX_UNEXP... - but if that does not help, I'd recommend posting the question over in the relevant forums where you can make use of our active community and our agents. Think this one is the right one: Deployment and Management.
Thanks a lot @Sonja_Bauernfeind
I saw this article yesterday, i'm going to insist on my client to take a closer look at it.
For information i already created a message on the partner teams. Do you think it will be better to post the question in the forum too ?
I think the forums are always a great idea! You'll get the input from a lot more people there.
For information, i noticed that the Ldap Filter you add in the "Search Ldap Filter" property is not exactly what will be executed by Qlik Sense. Let's assume we write "MyLdapFilter", here is what we can find in debug log file :
The "|" and "(objectClass=group)" is added by design when you use Active Directory to get all the Group Attribute.
In recent version there is an option called "Use optimized query" to change the mode to retrive the Groups in case you use instead Generic LDAP or Advanced LDAP UDC Configuration.
If with the Generic/Advanced LDAP configuration and the option "Use Optimized query" you still don't get all the attribute for the page size issue an alternate SSO / UDC could be evaluated/studied with our Professional Services.
hi @Filippo_Nicolussi_P , thank you very much for your answer.
With the propery "optimized query" we go further in the process, but at the end we still get an error.
indeed, ti seems that they are many steps, first, it adds users respecting the filter, that is correct. But after, for the groups, it seems looping to get all the groups from the groups it detected in the precedent ldap request, regardless the initial filter.
In our case, this is why it goes over the page size ... the customer ldap experts do not understand why, as what is done for users, the groups it tries to get back do not respect the initial LDAP Filter.