Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmccarthy1676460227
Contributor
Contributor

CDC - Talend fabric - no CDC foundation option

Hi, IM looking to setup CDC on a MS SQL Server but I don't see any cdc options on connection , cdc foundation etc

IM using Talend Cloud Data Fabric

Version: 8.0.1

Build id: R2022-09

thanks

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Open project settings-->general tab and activate the CDC feature.

0695b00000fI4dgAAC.png 

Regards

Shong

Alicehatley
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

To implement CDC in Talend Cloud Data Fabric, you can follow these general steps:

Ensure that Change Data Capture is enabled on your MS SQL Server. This can be done using T-SQL commands or through the SQL Server Management Studio.

In Talend Studio, create a new Job or open an existing one.

Drag the appropriate components onto the Job canvas to configure the CDC functionality. You can use components like "tMicrosoftCDCInput" or "tCDCInput" to capture changes from the CDC-enabled database.

Configure the connection settings for your MS SQL Server database by providing the necessary details such as hostname, port, database name, credentials, etc.

Set up the CDC options specific to your MS SQL Server database, such as the table and schema name, start date/time for capturing changes, filtering conditions, etc. MaryKayInTouch

Connect the CDC components with other components in your Job to perform the desired operations on the captured change data.

Run the Job to start the CDC process and capture changes from the specified database.

Please note that Talend's features and functionalities may evolve over time, so it's possible that new options or improvements have been introduced since my knowledge cutoff. I recommend referring to the Talend documentation, release notes, or community forums for the most up-to-date information on implementing CDC in Talend Cloud Data Fabric for MS SQL Server.