cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cansu
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot get JSON Data with REST connection

Hello, I am trying to pull json values from airtable table with a REST connection. Connection works in Postman and I am able to see json data. But I keep getting this error on Pipeline Designer. Please help.

1. Fetching a new sample
  2. Could not fetch the sample for DatasetId(fe968567-4164-48c9-b5ac-2721f9360756). - Property 'configuration.dataset.datastore.authentication' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.datastore.base' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.datastore.connectionTimeout' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.datastore.readTimeout' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.format' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.maxRedirect' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.methodType' is required. - Property 'configuration.dataset.resource' is required.

Thank you,

Cansu

Labels (3)
4 Replies
RVP1
Employee
Employee

Hello @Cansu Mericli​ 

For JSON: you must respect a specific format for your JSON values and be consistent: sequence of records, one after another, separated, or not, by a line feed. Each record does not have to be on a single line. At the end, the data in the text area is not a typical JSON document with square brackets.

Example:

{

"Id": 3146717,

"PosTime": 1525097499899,

"Latitude": 48.8585,

"Longitude": 2.4921,

"Operator": "Air France"

}

{

"Id": 3757865,

"PosTime": 1525097474634,

"Latitude": 48.5018,

"Longitude": 2.2246,

"Operator": "Lufthansa"

}

As per the error, please also check the parameter that is missing from your dataset.

Refer to the below for more information

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/data-preparation-user-guide/creating-test-dataset

nicoclavier
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Cansu Mericli​ 

Did you happen to fix your issue ? I'd be curious, meeting the exact same situation.

Tx

cansu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Nicolas Clavier​, unfortunately couldn't find a solution for the pipeline designer. Apparently, it requires very specific structure for JSON. Instead, I run python script in Data Studio to fetch the data.

LHall1681108134
Contributor
Contributor

You still can't find the solution? But I think the error message suggests that certain properties related to the dataset configuration are missing, such as authentication, base, connection timeout, read timeout etc resource. I