Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_1
Contributor
Contributor

Reading data from a file and writing into file local in pipeline designer

Hi Experts,

I am trying to read a JSON file from local connection (C:\Desktop\Input) and write into a JSON file in the local location (C:\Desktop\Output). Is it possible in pipeline designer to filter using datetime(DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss) column if its greater than variable datetime ? I ask this question because I have use case to implement change data capture and trying to see if pipeline designer can be used or not (I know CDC is possible in talend open studio). Note : In filter transformation when I add context variable it shows only "text" as datatype .

Thanks in advance .

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey M@n!

That's definitely doable, using a Remote Engine Gen2 that will be installed next to the folder you want to reach (if I'm not mistaken here, it seems like it is somewhere on your local computer).

I'd advise that you first have a look at the Talend Remote Engine Gen2 Quick Start guide.

Once you feel comfortable with the concept of Remote Engine Gen2, you should have a look at this article that will run you through the steps required to access local files using a Remote Engine Gen2.

HTH,

JBeattie1653480781
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

Target Gift Card Balance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Write data to the file Now that you have a File to work with, use it to read and write data. First, write some data to the file. The counter is an integer, but is written to the file as a string using the '$counter' syntax. 4. Read data from the file Now that you have some data on disk, you can read it. Once again, use the File class. myBayCare