Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cansu
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Engine Gen2 .sh File is not runnig

I am trying to install remote engine gen2 and pair it. I installed docker and git, docker is working but I cannot execute the pairing code in my command prompt. Kindly help.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
RVP1
Employee
Employee

Hi @Cansu Mericli​ 

Have you created Remote Engine Gen2. Please follow the below document for step-by-step procedure and let us know.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/remote-engine-gen2-quick-start-guide/downloading-remote-engine-gen2

Thanks!

Afoster1677824530
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello ,

Pleased to see your issue Well It's difficult to provide a specific solution without more information on the error you're facing. However, here are some general troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and resolve the issue:

Check the file permissions: Ensure that the .sh file has execute permissions. You can check this by running ls -l <filename>.sh and seeing if the file has execute permissions. If not, you can give execute permissions by running chmod +x <filename>.sh. DinarGuru

Check the file encoding: Ensure that the .sh file is saved in UTF-8 format. You can check this by running file <filename>.sh and seeing if the file type is "UTF-8 Unicode text".

Check for syntax errors: Check the .sh file for any syntax errors. You can do this by running bash -n <filename>.sh which will check for syntax errors without actually executing the script.

Check for dependencies: Ensure that all the necessary dependencies are installed. This includes any libraries or tools required by the script.

Check for network connectivity: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection as the script may require downloading additional files.

Try running the script with sudo privileges: Some scripts require sudo privileges to run. Try running the script with sudo privileges by running sudo ./<filename>.sh.

If the above steps don't work, please provide more details on the error message you're facing for further assistance.