Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwp89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Application export error - Application automation

Hello experts,

I have apps in managed spaces, I am the owner of the app and the space.

I am using this block 'Export App To Base 64 Encoded File' but its throwing export error

lwp89_0-1649093603979.png

Does it mean that I do not have the export permission? Its confusing because I am the owner of the app and space.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

I thought that might be the case that it would work for the shared space.

This appears to be a limitation of the current capabilities (or possibly working as design given that managed spaces are strictly governed spaces).

I am cc'ing our in house expert to confirm as well.

cc @ Emile_Koslowski

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @lwp89

Is it possible that you are using sharepoint export block. If yes, this may be the solution:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lwp89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using the following blocks

lwp89_1-1649095095893.png

I have few more steps before this blocks.. those blocks basically lists the app IDs from this managed space.. and it works fine as I can see in the output that it successfully lists all the 3 App IDs from that managed space.. but it fails at this export block

Frank_S
Support
Support

Can you try exporting from a Shared Space rather than the managed space?
Does that work?

403 generally means "forbidden" so perhaps this could be it.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Take moment to review this community discussion as well. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Application-Automation/Export-app-to-sharepoint-onedrive-or-dropb...

lwp89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Frank_S 

I looked at this post.. but does not help.

FYI, the export works perfectly fine with an app in shared space, but it does not work for the apps that are in managed spaced.

Qlik Application Automation also has a very complex template about this to kind of export an app to github everytime its published. 

We all know that the apps can only be published in the managed spaces and not shared spaces so I am sure that this template is also talking about exporting the apps from managed spaces and not shared.

lwp89_0-1649099037294.png

Its frustrating that it works for shared space and not managed 

Frank_S
Support
Support

I thought that might be the case that it would work for the shared space.

This appears to be a limitation of the current capabilities (or possibly working as design given that managed spaces are strictly governed spaces).

I am cc'ing our in house expert to confirm as well.

cc @ Emile_Koslowski

lwp89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, I have also raised a support case (00032087). 

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi both,

Frank is correct, it's not possible to export apps from a managed space.
This is also not possible through the Qlik Sense UI.

Emile_Koslowski_0-1649141270681.png

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

To export or duplicate an app from a Managed Space you have to do some weird workaround trickery. 

It's possible using Qlik-CLI to move the app to a Shared Space (using qlik app space), duplicate it (either in the web or using qlik app copy) or export it, then move it back to the Managed Space (using qlik app space). I imagine you could construct something similar within App Automation. 

I'm really not sure why it's not supported in Qlik Sense UI as it causes major issues when someone deletes their shared/personal copy of an app. Vote on my idea here: Qlik Sense SaaS - Duplicate/Export App from Manage... - Qlik Community - 1779701

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024