Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillaume_B
Contributor
Contributor

Automation - Variable block with table type

Hello,

I have an issue to add a row in variable block with table type as below :

Guillaume_B_0-1690271990852.png

I tried several value without success, everytime no values are added to the variable.

item1,item2

"item1","item2"

["item1","item2"]

[["item1"],["item2"]]

[item1,item2]

[[item1],[item2]]

Guillaume_B_1-1690272112616.png

Do you know the how to add a row ?

Guillaume

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Guillaume_B ,

I managed to add items to it, by using the convert to list formula on the added value.

So if you are adding the value for example:

["shai"] 

as is it will treat it like a string, so what i did was take the same value and put it in the convert to a list formula and it worked, each time i added an item to the table it took it as a list data type.

Please note as per the user guide a variable of type 'Table' needs to be a list of lists.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Guillaume_B ,

I managed to add items to it, by using the convert to list formula on the added value.

So if you are adding the value for example:

["shai"] 

as is it will treat it like a string, so what i did was take the same value and put it in the convert to a list formula and it worked, each time i added an item to the table it took it as a list data type.

Please note as per the user guide a variable of type 'Table' needs to be a list of lists.

Best Regards

Guillaume_B
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Shai_E ,

Is there a way to rename the column/field name of the table ?

Guillaume_B_0-1690293109287.png

Regards,

Guillaume

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Guillaume_B ,

It seems like it takes the indexes of the 3 items in the list and turns them into the tables headers.

Just by looking at how this variable type is designed, i cannot see a way on how to change it.

Best Regards