Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rf2
Contributor
Contributor

Create Binary File (Sharepoint Shared Drive) - how do I access a shared folder in sharepoint?

Hello All,

I am trying to use block "Create Binary File (Sharepoint Shared Drive)" However i am having some trouble. I did try Create Binary File (Personal One Drive) and it works.

Is there any advise in how to do it in Sharepoint Shared Drive ?

Rf2_0-1670247982852.png

the shared folder I am trying to add the file is located in

https://COMPANY.sharepoint.com/sites/SHAREDPROJECT/Shared Documents/General/FOLDER1/FOLDER2/FOLDER3/

I have read / write permissions in that folder.

Thanks

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Madhushree_BP
Support
Support

Hi @Rf2 ,

Do you experience any errors? If so, please share the error and I will take a look.

Thanks,

Madhushree

View solution in original post

Madhushree_BP
Support
Support

Hi @Rf2 ,

The site ID is the id of the site. You can use lookup or the "List Sites" block to get the site ID.

The parent id here is the item ID of the parent folder in which the file needs to be created. Use the"List Items On Drive" block, in sequence with the "List Drives From Site" block to find the correct ID.

Make sure you enter the path starting with a '/' (forward slash)

Thanks,

Madhushree

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Madhushree_BP
Support
Support

Hi @Rf2 ,

Do you experience any errors? If so, please share the error and I will take a look.

Thanks,

Madhushree

Rf2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Madhushree_BP 

Thank you for your reply maybe I am not setting up correctly ... How do I set it up? 

I have successfully Connected to my 365account on the connections however not sure what to add on Site Id and Parent Id see below 1st screenshot. Will you be able to guide on what information to input, please?

on the report side when I do the connection to Office 365 Sharepoint I do successfully based on 2nd Screenshot

Screenshot1

Rf2_0-1675063703563.png

Screenshot2

Rf2_1-1675063954195.png

Madhushree_BP
Support
Support

Hi @Rf2 ,

The site ID is the id of the site. You can use lookup or the "List Sites" block to get the site ID.

The parent id here is the item ID of the parent folder in which the file needs to be created. Use the"List Items On Drive" block, in sequence with the "List Drives From Site" block to find the correct ID.

Make sure you enter the path starting with a '/' (forward slash)

Thanks,

Madhushree