Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achampire
Partner - Contributor III

Customize button in Slack block with Qlik Application Automation in order to interact with Qlik API

Hello and welcome to every readers !

I am looking to go forward with Qlik Application Automation and precisely the Send Message With Blocks from Slack.

I correctly built a wonderful box with button but I want to customize buttons in order to interact with my Qlik Tenant.

I want for example to add a member into a managed space using the Spaces Qlik Rest API with the Post method but I don't figure it out how to do that or if it is possible to do it this way.

Is someone from Qlik or an automation expert with some experience with Slack API can help me ?

Thank a lot ! 

Alexandre CHAMPIRÉ

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi Alexandre,

Can you make POST or GET requests through the Slack button? If so, you can use that to run a triggered automation. Inside the automation, you can then add the member to a space.

More information on triggered automations can be found here: Triggered automations

Kind regards,
Emile

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi Alexandre,

Can you make POST or GET requests through the Slack button? If so, you can use that to run a triggered automation. Inside the automation, you can then add the member to a space.

More information on triggered automations can be found here: Triggered automations

Kind regards,
Emile

achampire
Author

Hi Emile.

In the Slack Button you can add an url value.

As you mentionned, I created a Triggered automation. I retreive the triggered url from it, add to the url generated by my button the assigneeId and spaces id to used them on the Add member to space blocks.

It's not the scenario I had in mind because I didn't want to triggered another automation from my button (I would prefer it triggered the automation content directly from the button itself) but it is working.

Thank you.

Alexandre CHAMPIRÉ