Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylervaleo
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Error when using QVDs as part of a new application

Hello there,

I'm receiving the following error message when trying to create an application using qvd files that are listed in a separate space:

tylervaleo_0-1694460616868.png

I have master access to my company's Qlik Space, and would like to use datasets that are associated to our shared space, but under my personal space. For whatever reason, when trying to use qvd datasets associated to this shared space, I am receiving the same error message each time I try to load the data into a new application. These qvd's are updated daily through automation, the specific datasets I'm trying to work with are not updated manually.

I can confirm that other users have no issue loading data from this space into their own personal applications. The team has granted me master access, thinking it could resolve the issue, since the error message notes it as an access issue, but it has not resolved the problem.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and/or can anyone assist with a possible resolution to this issue. Happy to provide more information as needed.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Damien_V
Support
Support

Hello @tylervaleo 

Could you be more specific on what exact privileges you were assigned on the space that stores the QVDs ?

The possible rights on the space are:

Can manage, Can edit data in apps, Can edit, Can view, Can consume data

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Spaces/managing-shared-s...

Do you as well have roles assigned to your user in the tenant? such as Tenant Administrator or Analytics Administrator ?

Best regards,

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
tylervaleo
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello Damien,

Thanks for responding. 

I can confirm that I had the following User roles checked:
Automation Creator
Data Services Contributor
Data Space Creator
Developer
Managed Space Created
Private Analytics Contributor
Shared Space Creator

In addition to the following Admin roles checked:
Analytics Admin
Audit Admin
Data Admin
Tenant Admin

Let me know if you have any additional questions. We are kind of stumped why this may be happening. Other members, are not having the same issue that I am having. Thank you