Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Defo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exporting more than 100.000 rows in Qlik automation - workaround

Hi all,

First of all I am quite new to the Qlik Automation world, so maybe my knowledge on how to use some blocks is limited.
I have a table in my Qlik Cloud app with more than 100.000 rows and I need to create an excel file in my sharepoint in order to deliver the shareable link through Slack.

Imagine the table built as follows:
CUSTOMER ID (numeric and in ascending order) | TOTAL AMOUNT PURCHASED | NUMBER OF PURCHASES

As a workaround to have an exportable table dimension, I created in the app a support table where I generate a list of CUSTOMER ID corresponding to the 99.999th row and 199.999th.
My goal is to loop over the CUSTOMER ID filter with the 3 condition:

less than the 99.999th CUSTOMER ID, between the 99.999th CUSTOMER ID and the 199.999th CUSTOMER ID and greater than the 199.999TH CUSTOMER ID.

Appending each time the table to the excel file in sharepoint.

I am stuck at this point, I have read the support table with all the threshold but I don't know how to create the string to be passed to the Filter Block (e.g. <99.999th CUSTOMER ID or >99.999th CUSTOMER ID<199.999th CUSTOMER ID).

Any suggestion will surely help. I would prefer to solve this issue in this particular way in order to deepen my Qlik Automation knowledge but any workaround is welcome.

Thanks,
Davide

ps: firstly posted in the wrong forum section 🙂 

Labels (4)
1 Reply
theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I take the liberty of enclosing to you @Emile_Koslowski 'sanswer on an equivalent question.

"""

Qlik Application Automation is not built to handle big amounts of data, that's why we implemented the limit of 100k cells. More information on the limits for automations.

That being said, you could loop over the values of a certain field in your app. Then loop over the values and for each value, you apply a selection and you execute the Get Straight Table Data block. This will now only contain data that's in the selection. After the Get Straight Table Data block is finished, I suggest you execute a Clear Selection block to make sure there are no selections for the next execution of the loop. 

"""

Enjoy your Qlik.

Kind regards,
Théo ATRAGIE.