Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor III
Contributor III

Generating Email + PDF reports from Dimension / Field in Automations, and related fields?

Another almost 'ungoogleable' thing, as generic words like 'Automation / email / Qlik'  pull back everything between 2009 and now. 

I can iterate through  a list of emails from a dimension  ( * for ease, have created a master dimension so it shows up in the 'List Dimension Values'  Box ) 

I can generate a report based on this list , using it as a filter to filter the sheets in the report. 

However  -

If  ( once filtered )  I want to use the filtered values of other dimensions / fields (  which have a 1:1 relationship to the selected filter )   -  these don't appear to be selectable  ( I.E.    I iterate on Bob Smith's EMAIL, and in the Subject, I want to include Bob Smith's name, Department etc  ,  I don't appear to be able to access these ? ) 

Also, once I go over 100 emails/iterations ,   with a simple, 3 page PDF, it runs out of memory 😛

Do I need to make several , smaller automations to handle 20-50 request at a time ?

Are there any help topics anyone can recommend to figure out how to use more than 1 dimension from an iterated list to include related date ( I.E. Iterate on User Email, add in User Name / Department etc.  )

This used to be super easy in NPrinting.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We moved to look at an external tool instead.

The combination of the size of the generated PDF files, the speed of execution and the memory limits made automations an untenable solution. 

For anyone reading this in the future, the short term solution I implemented was to split the automation into several automations, using  shorter lists, to avoid the memory limit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Madhushree_BP
Support
Support

Hi @110 ,

Could you please share the automation's JSON file, I can investigate more on this and get back to you.

To download the automation JSON,
On the editor, Right-click -> Download Workspace

Thanks,

Madhushree

Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We moved to look at an external tool instead.

The combination of the size of the generated PDF files, the speed of execution and the memory limits made automations an untenable solution. 

For anyone reading this in the future, the short term solution I implemented was to split the automation into several automations, using  shorter lists, to avoid the memory limit.