Qlik Application Automation

Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Who Me Too'd this topic

Contributor III
Contributor III

Generating Email + PDF reports from Dimension / Field in Automations, and related fields?

Another almost 'ungoogleable' thing, as generic words like 'Automation / email / Qlik'  pull back everything between 2009 and now. 

I can iterate through  a list of emails from a dimension  ( * for ease, have created a master dimension so it shows up in the 'List Dimension Values'  Box ) 

I can generate a report based on this list , using it as a filter to filter the sheets in the report. 

However  -

If  ( once filtered )  I want to use the filtered values of other dimensions / fields (  which have a 1:1 relationship to the selected filter )   -  these don't appear to be selectable  ( I.E.    I iterate on Bob Smith's EMAIL, and in the Subject, I want to include Bob Smith's name, Department etc  ,  I don't appear to be able to access these ? ) 

Also, once I go over 100 emails/iterations ,   with a simple, 3 page PDF, it runs out of memory 😛

Do I need to make several , smaller automations to handle 20-50 request at a time ?

Are there any help topics anyone can recommend to figure out how to use more than 1 dimension from an iterated list to include related date ( I.E. Iterate on User Email, add in User Name / Department etc.  )

This used to be super easy in NPrinting.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

Who Me Too'd this topic