Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samkadouh
Contributor
Contributor

Get Straight Table Data

The Get Straight Table Data block returns a processed JSON payload data from a Qlik Sense straight table. I am trying to store the data into a Variable block (type: Table), and I want to use this data as part of my selections for Generating Reports flow. How can I parse the data so that it is readable and usable in other block's inputs?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
salmankojar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @samkadouh you can directly pass selections in Qlik App Straight table through automation using Qlik Cloud Services blocks like LIST VALUES IN A FIELD or SELECT FIELD VALUE as per your requirement.

samkadouh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The problem is the following: I have 6 sheets I want to add to the report. But I want to add two selections simultaneously (eg. x1 and y1). I have 10 values for X, and each X has 5 Y's. So technically, each X has 30 sheets, 5 different selections for Y for the same X. I need to loop over the 6 sheets, grab 1 value for X and apply the first Y value on the 6 sheets, then apply the second Y value on the same 6 sheets for the same X. I also want to do this for the remaining 9 X values. Let me know if this makes sense.

6 Sheets (10 X selections and 5 Y selections) Each X has to have 30 sheets (same sheets just different Y selections)