Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willmccoppins
Contributor
Contributor

Get/Update Dimension - Advice please

Hello everyone, 

I'm very new to using Qlik automations, however so far it all seems pretty straightforward and I have more or less figured out what I'm trying to achieve.

One thing that I can't work out though is how to use the "Update Dimension" block. I'm trying to get it to change a dimension called "Store Name" to value "Store A".

I haven't been able to find any instructions on what each field in the Update Dimension config GUI is for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I have started by using a Get Dimension block first, linking it to the correct app and then doing a lookup and finding the correct dimension "Store Name". Then I create another block called "Update Dimension", link it to the same App ID via lookup. This is where I'm getting stuck. I'm not sure exactly what I should be putting in: Field, Name, Label Expression and Description. I've tried a bunch of things but haven't been able to get it to work yet. 

Thanks for reading!

Get Dimension.png

Update Dimension.png

  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
willmccoppins
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply @Shai_E - I got it working by using the "Add Selection to Report" block and selecting the dimension as field name.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @willmccoppins ,

I'm no expert on the subject of dimensions, but from quick test this is what i found:

The dimension id you can get it from the Get Dimension response, like so:

{$.getDimension.qInfo.qId}

Field, seems to be the field being currently used for the dimension (or the field you want to use for the dimension)

The name field is for the name of the dimension.

After you update the dimension you will need to use the "Save App" block to save the changes for the app.

If you go into your app and search for the dimension you want to update it will be easier for you to see the correlation between the fields in QAA and the fields in the app editor for a dimension.

willmccoppins
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply @Shai_E - I got it working by using the "Add Selection to Report" block and selecting the dimension as field name.