Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikrant
Contributor II
Contributor II

High Availability of Qlik HUB/Applications/Apps when Master Node is Down

Dear Team,

I would like to understand about the Architecture and the configuration to handle the High availability of the Qlik Sense Dashboard/Reports/App when the Master Node is itself down ( considering Multinode installation is been done ).

FYI -

* Qlik Sense Version installed August 2022 - 14.78.5

* Multinode installation is place.

* All the Apps and QVD's are stored at the shared path of master node only.

Regards,

Vikrant Dhakde

Labels (1)
3 Replies
zhaofeng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

High Availability means you can quickly switch to rim node when central node is down.But it has a precondition.Your repository data base must run constantly.Let's make an assumption,if you install repository database with your central node on the same machine,as long as the central node is down,you cannot access Qlik Sense.If you install repository data base on a specific machine which do not have any Qlik Sense service,as long as this machine is down,you cannot access qlik sense either.

To aviod this situation,the true high availability I think is installing a Postgre Cluster and connected to a existing multi-node Qlik Sense site.If any Qlik Sense Service is down,the failover strategy will switch to rim node.If the repository database has some problem,the broken node will be replaced too.

Hope this reply helpful

Vikrant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi , 

highly appreciating for your feedback on the same.

Here in my environment , Qlik sense multinode installation is done , where 1 Master Node and 1 RIM node is there.

During the Installation , we created Repository database on the master node itself.

Since we have already installed in master node, what is the way to change in order to test the HA of Qlik HUB/Apps/Reports when the master node is down and what are the configuration needs to be done ?

Reagrds,

Vikrant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Also my another query is,

Do we have to put Qlik servers (Master and Rim node ) behind the load balancer with Round Robin scheduling.