Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moo
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to share a table from a Qlik Sense App to Slack with Qlik Automation

Hi, 

I have access to a Qlik Sense App where we display various tables. I would like to make an automation that on a weekly basis shares the table to slack. Can someone help with this?

At the moment I have tried to use generate report to get a pdf and share that through slack (share binary file). I follow the instructions for each step, but I get the following error message when running. "Missing mandatory parameter "content_base64_encoded"",  despite me using the function "Base64 encode "on the table in the "share binary file"-step. 

I am not sure if the approach I am doing right now is the best so keen to get an understanding of what would work best. I am open to sharing as an image, pdf, text..

Moo_0-1671013721377.png

Labels (1)
  • Slack

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi

The Report output is purely PDF.

Try using the Slack 'send message with attachment' block.

Or you can simply use the send mail connecter block

Place the email address of the slack channel into the to, cc and/or bcc field.

Get the email address of the target slack channel>integrations>send emails to this channel

Execute the report automation and the PDF is delivered to the channel as downloadable pdf attachment (of course you need to configure the send mail option with attachment for this to work correctly).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi

The Report output is purely PDF.

Try using the Slack 'send message with attachment' block.

Or you can simply use the send mail connecter block

Place the email address of the slack channel into the to, cc and/or bcc field.

Get the email address of the target slack channel>integrations>send emails to this channel

Execute the report automation and the PDF is delivered to the channel as downloadable pdf attachment (of course you need to configure the send mail option with attachment for this to work correctly).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!