Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markbhai
Creator
Creator

Implement JWT Authorization

Hi Guys,

I am integrating JWT Authentication into my web app. I have successfully obtained a token, and when I attempt to log in using JWT session, I receive a status code of '200'. However, when I try to fetch the CSRF token, it doesn't work and throws a '401 Unauthorized' error. Can anyone clarify this doubt?

const configModule = require("../config/config");
const tokenModule = require("../token/token");

async function auth(req,res) {
    const { tenantDomain, qlikWebIntegrationId, appId, currentLoginType, loginTypes } = configModule;
    const config = { tenantDomain, qlikWebIntegrationId, appId, currentLoginType, loginTypes };
    const  token  = await tokenModule.generate();

const login = await fetch(
        `https://${tenantDomain}/login/jwt-session?qlik-web-integration-id=${qlikWebIntegrationId}`,
        {
          method: "POST",
          credentials: "include",
          mode: "cors",
          headers: {
            "content-type": "application/json",
            Authorization: `Bearer ${token}`,
            "qlik-web-integration-id": qlikWebIntegrationId
          },
          rejectunAuthorized: false
        }
      );

const csrfTokenInfo = await (await fetch(
    `https://${tenantDomain}/api/v1/csrf-token?qlik-web-integration-id=${qlikWebIntegrationId}`,
    {
      credentials: "include",
      headers: {
        "Qlik-Web-Integration-ID": qlikWebIntegrationId
      }
    }
   ));

return { config, csrfTokenInfo }
  }
  module.exports = {auth};
Labels (1)
2 Replies
pperdigo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Check if session cookies are set after the login/jwt-session call, maybe you have 3rd-party-cookies blocked on your browser.

dcandyalex
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi  Markbhai 

A 401 Error in this case is due to you not being authorised to make that csrf-token fetch request. If you are doing this in the front-end they should be present but check as @pperdigo suggested. If they are missing you could set the cookies in the subsequent call and then Qlik will think you're authorised and you should get a 200 or 204 

Hope this helps