Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siva15
Contributor
Contributor

Inconsistent Application of Theme in Qlik Cloud Automation

Dear Qlik Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I have encountered with the application of a custom theme in Qlik Cloud automation. I have already applied a theme to my Qlik Cloud app, which includes various CSS modifications such as hiding the search icon of a straight table , altering border colors of straight tables, changing the background color of sheets, removing padding and margin from text and image objects, and adjusting the font weight of Totals within straight tables.

While the theme is correctly applied when I download a sheet as a PDF within Qlik Cloud, I have noticed that it is not consistently applied to certain widgets when generating a report using Qlik Cloud automation. This inconsistency is causing discrepancies in the visual appearance of the generated reports.

I have taken the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1)Verified the theme settings: I double-checked the theme settings in my Qlik Cloud app to ensure that the CSS modifications are correctly applied to all relevant widgets. The CSS selectors used in the theme are targeting the specific widgets that are not being styled correctly.

2)Checked compatibility: I have confirmed that the theme I applied is compatible with the version of Qlik Cloud automation I am using. However, there might be certain CSS modifications that are not supported during the automation process. I reviewed the documentation, but couldn't find any specific limitations related to this issue.

Despite these efforts, I have been unable to resolve the inconsistency in the application of the theme during the Qlik Cloud automation process.

I am reaching out to the Qlik community in the hopes that someone with expertise or prior experience in this matter can provide guidance or offer potential solutions. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with theme application in Qlik Cloud automation? If so, I would greatly appreciate any insights, workarounds, or suggestions you can provide to help me address this problem. Attaching the theme file for your reference

Additionally, if there are any specific best practices or recommendations regarding themes and their compatibility with Qlik Cloud automation, I would be grateful to learn from your experiences.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am looking forward to your valuable input and suggestions.

Best regards,

Siva15

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just to add to this, it'd be really handy if, in addition to using the same rendering process for all PDF outputs for consistency,  to have the ability to apply themes on Automations themselves.  

For example a theme could be applied on automations to remove icons / change padding as per @Siva15  describes,  and hide filter panes etc, , but have a normal theme for the dashboard when used as a dashboard, and show all the icons/ filters etc. 

Another use case that comes up at the company I work for is branding, where we have the same report, but want to filter for brands, this would be another great use case for automations allowing users to parameterise theme settings .