Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaneMichelon1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Output text file with CRLF instead of just LF

Hi.  I am using a Qlik Automation to generate a file for import into another system.  The file has to be a simple comma separated text file with line endings that are carriage return line feed.  However using the Write Line To File block  is generating only a linefeed at the end of the line.

I tried looking for a function to include a carriage return such as a function like Char(13).  But I couldn't find one. But I don't think that is a great solution anyway.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I looked at the options but they all result in only a LF character at the end of the line.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaneMichelon1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just an update that I have found a workaround to the issue.  In the Qlik source table for my export data I added a dimension column =CHR(13).  Then in my write line block, I just added this column value to the end of the line.  This works, but is a little inelegant.  There should be an option to use CRLF line ends in the block options and also there should be a text function equivalent to the Qlik function CHR.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShaneMichelon1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just an update that I have found a workaround to the issue.  In the Qlik source table for my export data I added a dimension column =CHR(13).  Then in my write line block, I just added this column value to the end of the line.  This works, but is a little inelegant.  There should be an option to use CRLF line ends in the block options and also there should be a text function equivalent to the Qlik function CHR.