Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Parse text (RegEx ParseAll ?)

Hi all,

i have a regular Qlik script file. Among other script content, the script also includes multiple $(Must_Includes) statements.

Within one of my automations, i am receiving this file and i managed to get to its content (basically a long string). From this string I want to

1. extract all occurances of include statements in a given file and and create a list of include statements - i.e., like this:  $(Must_Include=$(vModulesRoot)SALES\Revenue.qvs);, $(Must_Include=$(vModulesRoot)SALES\Customer.qvs);
    Would i be able to do this with a regex() ? Or any other way in an automation ?
  2. Once i have extracted all includes and build a list of them, i would like to loop over this list of include statements and
    1.  get the filename (following the above example: Revenue.qvs and Customer.qvs) of every include statement and
    2. next to it: also the directory (following the above example: SALES)

Any advise on how to get there wohld be greatly apreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

13 Replies
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Got it done myself. Thanks.

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @xyz_1011 

Based on your recent query:

Regarding to the accepted solution in my post, i realized, that ideally i not only need the includes() extracted and parsed, but also every call StoreIntoSDL() line following the include. Is it possible that the custom code segment gives me two variables:

1. the extracted and parsed include()

2. the call StoreIntoSDL line that comes after ?

Meaning, given this script piece:

$(Must_Include=$(vModulesRoot)03_SALES\MOD_Revenue.qvs);
call StoreIntoSDL ('MOD', 'Revenue', '03_SALES', 'Revenue');

I would like to get the following items back from the custom code block:

vInclude = 30_SALES\MOD_Revenue.qvs (<-- that works already in your solution)

vStore = call StoreIntoSDL ('MOD', 'Revenue', '03_SALES', 'Revenue'); (<-- this would need to come on top)

I am attaching automation json for your reference.

Hope this works!!

Thanks

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, @AfeefaTk  - this does al,most what i need. However, i am not able to process the output of each iteration together. Meaning: In the first loop i expect to receive the first parsed include() and the first extracted call() then i do something with this output. In the second iteration the secon parsed include() together with the second call(), then i do something with this output ... Hope, this makes sense. Thanks again!

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @xyz_1011 

Please find the attached automation

Thanks