Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OdieW
Contributor III
Contributor III

Provide Space Names as a list for a dropdown input block, but return/output space ID

I am working on an automation that works great as is by manually entering a Space ID as an input. I'm just trying to make it a little more user friendly. I'd like to have an input tool set to dropdown and the list of choices be the names of my Qlik spaces, since space names are easier to remember than space id's. But then I want to pass/output the Space Id for the space name selected in the drop down input to the next tool in the chain.

I think this is possible using the API, but I don't have a ton of knowledge using the API. Definitely want to learn, but not right now. I am using a list spaces block, so I have space name and space id as output options from that block. I think I can accomplish this in some convoluted ways, but thinking there has to be a more efficient way I am missing.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
salmankojar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @OdieW you cn follow steps shown in attached Automation json..If doubt then you can ask here..

View solution in original post

1 Reply
salmankojar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @OdieW you cn follow steps shown in attached Automation json..If doubt then you can ask here..