Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaMahdi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Automation - Add dates to Excel

Hello,

How can I add a dates for in the file name of the excel sheets? so that each excel file have a different date and time

Also how can I save the automation in different sub folders?

Thanks and regards,

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @TaMahdi ,

I verified in Microsoft Excel online and Onedrive that colons are not allowed in filenames.

More information on this restriction can be found here: Restrictions and Limitations in OneDrive and SharePoint .

Kind regards,
Emile

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @TaMahdi ,

You can use the date formula for this, more information on this can be found here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Sense_QlikAutomation/Content/Sense_QlikAutomat...

To access the formula, click an input field, select 'add formula' from the dropdown and search for "Date " in the formula picker that pops up.

On your second question, what do you mean by saving automations to folders? For now, automations only exist in your personal space. You can always download the JSON file of the automation by right-clicking in the canvas and choosing "Download workspace".

Kind regards,
Emile

TaMahdi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Emile_Koslowski ,

Thank you for your support,

When I add date as a variable (string) and add 'now' value,  I got an error calling endpoint "Microsoft SharePoint - Create Binary File (personal OneDrive)"  , I'm not sure why, please refer for the screenshots for calrifcation 

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @TaMahdi ,

I think this is caused by the date format, share point doesn't seem to allow the colons in the filename.

Can you try to use a different output format in the Date formula?

Emile

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @TaMahdi ,

I verified in Microsoft Excel online and Onedrive that colons are not allowed in filenames.

More information on this restriction can be found here: Restrictions and Limitations in OneDrive and SharePoint .

Kind regards,
Emile