Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrB1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Automation Apply Bookmark blocks now erroring and missing bookmark ids

My automation was working properly using Apply Bookmark blocks on a specific Qlik report and then writing data to google sheets. Two days ago, I noticed the Apply Bookmark blocks showing Errors and asking if I want to run the automation anyway. I did and it did run successfully. Today - it will not run and is asking me to update the Bookmark Id's. This is a lot of work one by one, especially when I cannot see the bookmark id's I had in there - they are blank. Is there some change that was made in the Apply Bookmark block that should require me to have to change them one by one? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @DrB1 

There were some changes made to the block to include temporary bookmark.

Could you please share the automation json file which could help us in debugging the issue?

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DrB1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@AfeefaTk are you familiar with changes being made in these blocks? I'm an early adopter trying to take advantage of these awesome automation advances! I was able to go back to a successful chronological history and get the 75 bookmark ID's I needed. I'm just wondering if as existing automation blocks are modified if there's a better way of implementing a fix or notification to us that changes are coming and will require a fix. I'm definitely a fan!!!

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @DrB1 

There were some changes made to the block to include temporary bookmark.

Could you please share the automation json file which could help us in debugging the issue?

Thanks

DrB1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is what happened for 70+ bookmarks. I was able to go into an old successful run and get the bookmark id's for each block adding them back into the blank fields. I guess the block modification didn't capture the original ids.   It's running fine now.

{

• "block": "applyBookmark",
  • "index": 1,
  • "in_count": 6,
  • "timestamp_start": 1676556117798009,
  • "timestamp": 1676556117798380,
  • "memory_usage": 7905024,
  • "error": {
    • "error": "The following fields are required: bookmark_id"
    },
  • "in": {
    • "blendr_on_error": "stop",