Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamiBS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Automation - CSV file attached to email

Hello,

I'm trying to create a CSV file and send it as an attachment via email.

I tried creating a file using the get data from straight table and the verifiable blocks but I can only get the CSV output and not a file. 

The other option which works is creating a CSV file on a cloud storage but I cant download/attach the file to the email block.

I saw that there is an option to create excel file on SharePoint and send the URL, though I would like to avoid that solution.

Is there any wat to create a CSV file from a straight table in my app and send it as an attachment via email?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @RamiBS 

Currently, it's not possible to attach the Excel report to the email

The possible workaround is to convert the Excel report to PDF and send it over email

This approach is described here

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Afeefa TK

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I was curious about how to send a csv by email and found this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/blendr/Content/blend-editor/send-an-email-with-csv-attachment-using-send...

Could this work as you need?

RamiBS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for answering.

It seems a bit outdated, since that block no longer exists.

rubenmarin

Inside the sendgrid there is an options to send email with an attachments dropdown, that might work the same way as the previous "with csv attachment"?

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @RamiBS 

Currently, it's not possible to attach the Excel report to the email

The possible workaround is to convert the Excel report to PDF and send it over email

This approach is described here

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Afeefa TK

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @RamiBS 

UPDATE

We found a way to send excel report as an attachment using Send Mail block. Please take a look at this article.

Thanks