Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Divya_Shivle
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik automation for reload the failed app

Can someone please Help .

I am new in Qlik automation & want to built an automation that checks the reload status of apps within a space & if the status is failed then reloads them up to three times and sends an email if the status is still failed after three attempts
can someone let me know how can achieve this  

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lvdbrink
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

The automation would look something like this: 

lvdbrink_0-1720620078036.png

Use the trigger = webhook and choose Qlik Cloud Services as the connector. Choose Event = Reload Finished and choose Reload status = Failed (error). After that, list the reloads for that app id, filter the list according to your requirement (in the example above: reload failed and date is today). In the condition you can then use formula->List functions to count the number of failed reloads matching the criteria. If it is more than 3, the condition block enters the Send Mail branch, else it triggers a new reload (should it fail again, webhook will be called again automatically).

View solution in original post

9 Replies
lvdbrink
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

The automation would look something like this: 

lvdbrink_0-1720620078036.png

Use the trigger = webhook and choose Qlik Cloud Services as the connector. Choose Event = Reload Finished and choose Reload status = Failed (error). After that, list the reloads for that app id, filter the list according to your requirement (in the example above: reload failed and date is today). In the condition you can then use formula->List functions to count the number of failed reloads matching the criteria. If it is more than 3, the condition block enters the Send Mail branch, else it triggers a new reload (should it fail again, webhook will be called again automatically).

Divya_Shivle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @lvdbrink ,
I appreciate your prompt reply. Yes, it looks like exactly what I want, but I have never used Qlik automations before. If you could clarify how to insert the formula and the filters under the filter and condition block, that would be incredibly useful.

Thanks again for all your help.

lvdbrink
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Divya_Shivle ,

To add a formula, simply click on the input field and choose "Add formula". You will get a window where you can choose the type of formula you want to apply.

lvdbrink_0-1720621767816.png

I have attached a template of the solution that might help you, right mouse button + "Upload workspace" to import it in your environment to give you a head start.

Divya_Shivle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @lvdbrink 
Thanks for sharing the file I have imported it but it is giving the error under the list Records block which is Parameter 'appId' must be a valid UUID format
Please check the below screen shots attached for your references 
Thanks again for all your help. 

Divya_Shivle_0-1720622935534.png

Divya_Shivle_1-1720623006948.png

lvdbrink
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Ah, my bad, the App Reload Finished returns an event ID, not the app ID. Tofix it, insert a Get Reload Record in between to fetch the reload record based on the reload ID and then use that one to get the corresponding app id:

lvdbrink_0-1720625959242.png

Divya_Shivle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @lvdbrink  ,

I have added the get reload block but again i am getting the similar kind of error with reload ID now 
It would be really beneficial if you could assist in fixing it.

Thanks for all your help

Divya_Shivle_0-1720678261552.png

Divya_Shivle_1-1720678416263.png

salmankojar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi @Divya_Shivle i think you have given wrong inputs to GET RELOAD RECORD Block. The reload id shouldn't contain any words in it. if you can attach the Json file of your automation, I could go through it and let you know proper suggestions.

lvdbrink
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Are you maybe testing it with a manual reload from the script editor? If so: that won't work, it will not have a valid reload ID. Test is using the "reload now" from the catalog or a scheduled reload. 

sumitsoni
Contributor
Contributor

I am continuing this code and only thing which I was thinking giving problem to me is the {domain}. According to me domain is not getting replaced and because of that I am getting the Bad request 400 error. As I am new to Qlik So do we have to set domain somewhere or it will automatically get picked up..

image.png