Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdesilvaCC
Contributor II
Contributor II

SMTP Errors when trying to Send email Via Automation

Hi

Im trying to configure my SMTP settings to send email in Qlik Automation.

the SMTP server used is the same server that is configured in Settings in the Qlik Sense Cloud Management Console.

Following is how the configuration looks like in automation.

mdesilvaCC_0-1663556002342.png

I keep getting the following Error message when I try to use these settings

error:
The email/username and password you have entered for your mail connection do not match.
serverError:
SMTP ERROR: Password command failed: 535 5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, the request did not meet the criteria to be authenticated successfully. Contact your administrator. [SYBPR01CA0047.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com]

I have already whitelisted the following  IPS as I can see these are the IPS that are generating the requests from

Has anyone else come across this issue with o365?

Thanks 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi there.

Can you try to clear your browser cached fully? You 'might' be using a cached page. 
You can also try using an incognito private browsing session.

For example, my mail is working correctly but the fields appear in different locations on the page than yours suggesting a cached page.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

MarkGeurtsen
Support
Support

Hi,

We are aware of some issues occurring on the Mail connector in Automations.
These issues seem to be related to configuration on the Office 365 administration. Please see: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Deprecation-of-basic-authentication-for-Exchange-Online-and/...

Things you can try to get this working:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi there.

Can you try to clear your browser cached fully? You 'might' be using a cached page. 
You can also try using an incognito private browsing session.

For example, my mail is working correctly but the fields appear in different locations on the page than yours suggesting a cached page.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi 
We are now looking into this as we have a couple of reported incidences now.
Kind regards...

MarkGeurtsen
Support
Support

Hi,

We are aware of some issues occurring on the Mail connector in Automations.
These issues seem to be related to configuration on the Office 365 administration. Please see: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Deprecation-of-basic-authentication-for-Exchange-Online-and/...

Things you can try to get this working:

mdesilvaCC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

What Actually Ended up working was all the above

I had to create a dedicated account and also make sure my browser cache was cleared. This did the trick.

The app password route didnt really work for me. 

Thanks you so much for your help.